14 Things to Do Less to Get More Success and Joy in Life Now
1. Eat less.
2. Buy less.
3. Watch less TV. Give your mind a chance to consume higher quality of information (and entertainment). Watch less mindless TV.
Don’t worry about the future. Or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum. ~Mary Schmich
4. Worry less. Become very aware of your worry and train yourself to do less, far far less of this. Use guided meditation to change the habit.
5. Judge less. We never, ever, have enough information to judge someone else for what they (probably) did. But the energy, the emotion, the time it takes to judge might just be better used toward that dream project you have shelved or the book you haven’t cracked open or the important stuff in your life that needs your attention. Let others be. Judge less.
6. Be busy less. Take a closer look. Be less busy.
7. Work less. That’s right. Stop handing your soul over to workaholism.
8. Be negative less. The negative thoughts in your head are killing you. Learn to identify them. The world isn’t against you. You are not unlucky or unfortunate. When you change your thoughts, you can begin to change your life.
A little kingdom I possess, where thoughts and feelings dwell; And very hard the task I find of governing it well. – Louisa May Alcott
9. Drink alcohol less. You can still feel the high of life and be sociable. Drink less alcohol and be more alert for life.
10. Compare less: Compare yourself less to anyone out there and only compare yourself to your previous self. Are you better than yesterday? Strive for better tomorrow. That’s the only way comparison serves you well. The rest just steals your joy.
11. Gossip less: This is a number one career suicide at the workplace. Lift others up in their absence as you would want them to do for you.
12. Make excuses less. Excuses are your fear speaking in the place of your power. Excuses are not the real you. Don’t put up with that. Procrastinate less and do what matters to you because you can. No excuses.
13. Have a bad attitude less. The less things went my way, the worse my attitude would get. Oh this was a hard habit to break but an essential one. Accept what happens. There’s always – ALWAYS – a silver lining. Your job is to find it.
14. Give your power away less. You have inside you the power to achieve all that you desire. Most of us go through life denying its existence or trading it for fear, for shame, for guilt or for excuses. Do less of that. A whole lot less. Believe more that there is this power inside you, hide it less and feed it more love and energy. You will meet a new you before you know it.
Read all the details at ProlificLiving.com